Benefits Of LED Lighting
Outdoor LED lighting offers many benefits for the homeowner.
- LED landscape lighting lasts longer than incandescent lighting.
- High-quality outdoor LED lights will last for up to 30 years (40,000 hours).
- They may cost more to buy, but they’ll last far longer than five incandescent lights.
- LED landscape lights are about 80 percent more efficient than other forms of outdoor lighting, reducing your power bill significantly.
- LED lights are smaller than traditional lighting options and last longer, allowing for many lighting designs that weren’t possible before LED lights became common.
- LEDs run cool, reducing heat and fire hazards.
- LED landscape lighting is the “greenest” and most environmentally friendly choice available because of its low energy consumption and creates far less waste.
- Since LEDs use a lower wattage (8W compared to an avarage of 60W) you can upgrade the number of fixtures on your current trasformer without needing to upgrade the wattage of your transormer to handle the load.