The fact that we’ve been in the landscape lighting industry for such a long time has enabled us to come up with a breakdown of the steps for building custom landscape lighting systems. These steps are just a template, and tweaks are constantly being made to ensure the customer gets the best results possible!
Once you’ve chosen us as your professional landscape lighting contractor, here are the procedures we follow to build you a beautiful custom outdoor lighting system:
● Our Lighting Designer meets with you at your home to determine the best design to accomplish your goals within your budget.
● Proposal is created. Once accepted by you, we get your deposit and schedule your installation, which generally is completed within a few days of the receipt of the deposit!
● Layout of the system on the project site. We use photos and sketches from our meeting with the customer to help remind us of the placement of the fixtures.
● Mount transformers.
● Install the controllers and then, interface with the transformers.
● Establish placing of the fixture wiring or power cable between the fixtures and transformers (homeruns).
● All wires buried 6-12 inches deep in turf to avoid aerator tines, bed edgers, weedeaters, etc.
● Where necessary (under hardscape surfaces like sidewalks), pipe trenches are dug (4 to 6 inches deep). Care is taken to avoid major roots so as not to damage trees. Pipes are sized to accommodate additional cabling in the future.
● Assemble and prepare fixtures. Once completed, the fixtures are installed in their established locations.
● Strip lead wires from fixtures as well as power cables. Always connect together with weatherproof connectors.
● Weatherproof all non-homerun connections and then bundle with cable ties before burying at the fixture’s base.
● Once completed, homeruns are taken into the transformers, stripped and subsequently attached to the transformer’s power taps.
● Turn on the controllers to power the transformers and check for proper functioning of all fixtures.
● Balance the system’s voltage load with amperage properly examined and tested.
● Weatherproof the homerun connections and then bundle and bury the cables underneath the fixtures.
● Clean up the yard.
● And finally, we perform a walk through of the project site after dark with the client to ensure optimum satisfaction of the requirements.
That’s a lot of steps! But rest assured, we know what we’re doing. And that’s why people choose us– experience, expertise, outcome. You get a job done beautifully, and done properly.
Located in Summerfield, NC Southern Lights- Architectural and Landscape Lighting serves properties and property management companies throughout the state of NC including Greensboro, High Point, Jamestown, Burlington, Reidsville, Oak Ridge, Brown Summit, Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Raleigh, Charlotte, Kannapolis, Salisbury, Gastonia, Matthews, etc. Southern Lights has installed hundreds of outdoor landscape lighting systems and carries more certifications than anyone in the state. We specialize in lighting designs and service everything we install as well as lighting systems installed by others. With attention to detail and a solid knowledge of design, Southern Lights is the leading outdoor landscape lighting firm in the state of NC and beyond. See why our clients choose us. Contact us today by web (online form) or phone (336.451.4969)