Lighting 101 – All your Questions Answered
In recent times, homeowners are beginning to realize the numerous benefits associated with landscape and outdoor lighting. However, some are still skeptical due to misconceptions and questions they may have about landscape lighting which are yet to be answered. Illuminating your landscape goes further than just mounting a couple of lighting fixtures in your outdoor living space. It requires a specialized knowledge and could be used in various ways to suit your needs. Please review some of these common questions and we’ll answer them about outdoor landscape lighting:
Why Should I Invest in Landscape Lighting?
The benefits of illuminating your outdoor area are numerous. Here are just a few:
- It enhances your home’s aesthetic appeal. Landscape lighting is capable of turning your yard into a rare beauty, all with the flip of a switch. This makes your home look more exclusive and inviting. It can automatically turn a visitor from feeling wary to welcome.
- It adds to your home’s value. When it comes time to sell your home, landscape lighting can have a big impact on its appraisal as it has the capability of yielding a 50% return or more in some markets.
- Properly installed landscape lighting improves your home’s security. Studies have shown that by illuminating your outdoor living spaces including your home’s entrance, the probability that an intruder would break into your home is considerably reduced.
- Slip-and-fall accidents are significantly reduced. According to the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), inadequate as well as poorly designed landscape lighting have been to blame for the majority of both minor and serious property injuries.
- It helps you maximize the benefits derived from your outdoor living space by giving you extended time with your landscape and outdoor living space in the evening hours.
When Should I Invest in Landscape Lighting?
As a result of shorter days and longer nights, the winter period presents a great time in which landscape lighting is more visible and potentially more enjoyed. I suppose you could say it is the most appropriate time to invest in landscape lighting. We like to think that anytime is a good time. Start with illuminating the home’s architecture and when you have a new project, whether it be a focal feature (fireplace, patio, deck, plantings, sculpture, pergola, etc.), you can just add on to the existing system. No matter how short the night is during the summer, anything can happen. So hurry up, the sooner the better!
Where Should I Install Lighting Fixtures?
The lighting fixtures should be installed at strategic locations on your surrounding property to ensure you fully maximize the advantages. These locations include driveways, pathways, front walkway to your home entrance, inside the pool and more.
We recommend that you always use a professional when it comes to installing, repairing, and maintaining your lights. A landscape lighting expert can ensure that you get the most out of your system.
Located in Summerfield, NC Southern Exposure Landscape Management specializes in the design, installation, and maintenance of residential and commercial projects throughout the Greensboro Triad Area (High Point, Jamestown, Burlington, Reidsville, Oak Ridge, Brown Summit, Summerfield). We are the premier Greensboro mulch installer. With over 20 years in business, Southern Exposure has the experience and knowledge to create beautiful garden features and flower beds in the landscape. Southern Exposure is the leading landscape management firm in Greensboro, NC. See why our clients choose us. Contact us today by web (online form) or phone (336.451.4969)